Welcome to the virtual home of the Trenton (NJ) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. Our goal is to encourage achievement among our members and community through the bond of fraternity, inspired public service, and support of academic and educational institutions.
Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. (ΚΑΨ) is a historically African American Greek-lettered fraternity founded January 5, 1911 at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana. The fraternity has over 160,000 members with 721 undergraduate and alumni chapters in every state of the United States, and international chapters in the United Kingdom, Germany, South Korea, Japan, United States Virgin Islands, Nigeria, South Africa, and The Bahamas. Photo Courtesy of Trenton Alumni
In 1921, the Fraternity was divided into 3 districts as a result of proposed legislation by George F. David II, the third Grand Polemarch. The three districts grew into four “regions.” In 1925, the designation of “Region” was changed to “Province” by Fifth Grand Polemarch Earl B. Dickerson, at the 15th Grand Chapter Meeting. Currently the fraternity is organized into twelve Provinces.
The Trenton Alumni Chapter, located in the Northeastern Province, is comprised of approximately 50 dedicated brothers. The chapter was chartered on April 6, 1949. For over 70 years, the Trenton Alumni Chapter has impacted the greater Trenton and Mercer County areas through its community service and fund-raising events for worthy causes.